USB Measurement Microphone MiniDSP UMIK-2
Update 25. april 2021 We have this mic in stock and can deliver immediatly.
The brand new UMIK-2 is the next generation evolution of the UMIK-1.
You can connect this USB measurement microphone directly to your computer via USB.
- No sound card, power supply, etc. is required.
- Individual frequency response available from the manufacturer
So just connect and start measuring
The UMIK-2 uses a 1/2 "capsule with an industry standard thread 60UNS. Therefore, the capsule can easily be exchanged if necessary. (Capsules with 200V are not supported)
Due to the 1/2 "capsule size, the self-noise is around 19dB (A) instead of 31dB (A) as with the UMIK-1
Main application are
- Sound level measurements
- Room acoustic measurements with chirp excitation
- Loudspeaker development
- PA measurements
- Home cinema
- 1/2 "capsule
- Self-noise typ. 19dBA
- max SPL 120dB
- Sampling rates 44.1kHz to 192kHz
- Maximum input voltage 500mV RMS
- USB Audio Class 2 compliant
- 32-bit USB audio transfer
- Requires Windows 10, MacOS, or Linux
- Supports ASIO
The microphone package includes the driver sotware, only. Additional software is not included in the delivery. We recommend our Akulap software for professional measurements. Further software recommendations are REW and Arta.
Content of the package
- USB measurement microphone
- 1/2 "capsule
- Individual acoustic frequency response from the manufacturer
- Individual electrical measurements with our Audio Precision APX555
- USB cable
- Mini tripod incl. clamp
- Driver as download
A normal sound level calibrator with a 1/2 "diameter can be connected directly. In contrast to the Beyerdynamik MM1, no adapters are required.
This microphone has a 1/2 "capsule with high sensitivity. Therefore, this system is also suitable for low-noise measurements.
The capsule is not classified by the manufacturer according to IEC61672-1. We also offer suitable class 1 capsules on request.
For measurements with very high levels you need our modular 1/2 "USB microphone ATD5T, which can measure levels of 10V RMS instead of 0.5V RMS, so that the level range is extended by 26dB upwards. Note the limitation of the capsule if necessary.
What are the differences compared to the UMIK-1?
- The UMIK-2 uses a much larger capsule (1/2 "instead of 1/4") and is therefore much lower noisefloor
- The capsule is exchangeable with a standard thread (60UNS), so you can also use capsules from Bruel & Kjaer, GRAS, MTG etc. (only pre-polarized, no 200V models)
- Sampling rates up to 192kHz instead of 48kHz
- 32-bit data transfers instead of 16-bit
Individual electrical measurements with our Audio Precision APX555
The manufacturer MiniDSP only provides the acoustic frequency response of the microphone (up to 20kHz)
However, we also measure the microphone electrically with our Audio Precision APX555 audio analyzer. This device is the globally recognized reference for audio measurements.
For the measurement we replace the capsule with a replacement capacitor (20pF) and connect the input to the APX555 audio analyzer. We then measure the noise behavior, distortion factor, maximum input level and the frequency response at a sampling rate of 192kHz. In this way you have very informative characteristics for this powerful microphone.