Complete Audio Measurement System incl. all Software modules
With this USB measurement system you can easily perform high performance measurements with your PC. Simply connect this microphone to a free USB port, no preamplifier, no external power, no driver.
It was never easier to measure with your PC.
This package is complete, it contains the USB measurement microphone and analysis software.
Other solutions require a special soundcard with 48V phantom power. In many cases there are many porblems with drivers. This is past. Our USB measurement microphone contains the soundcard with all the A/D-converter and USB interface itself.
This USB measurement system allows measurement of room acoustics, analysis of sound absorbers, noise measurements at home or work, calbrated long-term sound recording, adjustment of PA-systems, speech intelligibiliity according to IEC60268-16.
Features of the analysis software
In contrast to the package #1200 we include all Software modules except STIPA via modulated noise.
- Level in 1/1 and 1/3 octave bands. In contrast to many simple other solutions, we do not use the FFT for calculation. Instead we integrated a high perfomance polyphase filter bank that fulfils all international standards (IEC1260)
- Time domain weighting (Impulse, Fast, Slow,5s)
- Frequency domain weighting (Z,A,C,ITU)
- High resolution FFT (16 Mio points which is equal to 0.003Hz resolution).
- Measurement of reverberation time (RT60) in 1/3 octave bands. We support all known measurement techniques via impulse, pink noise and chirp/MLS.
- Measurement of room impulse response
- Long term noise analysis including energy equivalente averages
- 3D display of the input signal in real-time.
- Oscilloscope with TRUE-PEAK display
- Measurement of speech intellegibility IEC60268-16:2011
- Audio recorder
- Signalgenerator including all popular signal types
This feature list shows just a fraction of our functions.
This system uses capsules with the thread 60UNS. You can connect almost any capsule from world leading brands. e.g. Bruel&Kjaer, GRAS, PCB and others.
With common mechanical adapters you can use 1" or 1/4" capsules. The base package is equipped with a 1/2" capsule (22mV/Pa).
You can also connect class 1 capsules.
- Gain is controlled by the PC allowing absolute level calibrations
- Requires no external power. Simply connect it to USB
- The operating system recognizes this USB microphone directly. There is no driver required. You can use this USB measurement microphone with Windows, MacOS or Linux. This feature will protect your investment, since you not depend on updated drivers.
- We offer this system with different options (different capsules or dynamic extension)
Our software controls the gain factor for the total signal chain. The measurement system is fully calibrated. You can easily perform absolute sound level measurements. With other measurement software you will get problems, when you change the windows-mixer. All calibration will be lost. In these cases you require an expensive sound level calibrator.
With our software you can always measure calibrated levels. A sound level calibrator is required only for regular calibrations to verify the system and to correct minor deviations.
- Frequency range 50Hz-20kHz
- Thread 60UNS
- USB Audio class compliant
- possible cable lengths: 5m with simple passive USB cables, 15m with active cables and 60m with special transceivers for regular CAT5 cables
- The frequency response was measured electrically. The capsule was replaced by an capacitor. The curve does not contain the acoustical frequency response of the capsule.
The base package contains a 1/2" capsule with the following parameters
- Sensitivity typ. 22mV/PA
- Dynamic range 45-105dB(A) 108dB peak
- You can upgrade this system to class 1 by simply replacing the mic capsule.
- You can reach significantly higher levels with 1/4" capsules.
The frequency response was measured electrically. The capsule was replaced by an capacitor. The curve does not contain the acoustical frequency response of the capsule.
- USB measurement microphone 1/2"
- Analysis Software incl. all Software Modules
- Installation CD
- PC with Windows XP, Vista, Win7, Win8/10 32/64Bit
The bundled software is for non-commercial purposes, only.